Summary of IBEX - 2000
IBEX-2000 is a recommended "Battery quality diagnostic tester" as the standard technology of "Battery maintenance standard" by IEEE STD 1188-1996 (valve-regulated lead-acid), 450.484-2002(vented lead-acid).
The quality diagnosis can be measured by two methods according to the IEEE technology standard. Firstly, verification of battery's aging on quarterly-basis after setup of initial value and then estimation of expectant battery's life. Secondly, identification of aged cells by measuring internal impedance of operating battery. In the latter case, the initial value of battery is not necessary. Just verify the aged cell if it exceeds 20% of the average value within standard deviation. (over 100% for the vented lead-acid battery). Of the two methods, the second is more convenient for diagnosis since the initial value of battery is not required.
Introduction case and Prospective
The Korea Testing Laboratory under Ministry of Industrial Resources approved the excellent performance of our products in September 2004 and adopted ours as the local quality diagnosis standard of battery testers.
Actually, we provided them to Korea Telecom, SK Telecom, Korea Electricity Corporation, Korea Railway Corporation and others. Our products were evaluated as excellent in technology seminars and prepared for the turning point of import replacement in local tester market.
Hereafter, we are supplying the indispensable tester of emergency power supply system to Korea Telecom, Korea Electricity Corporation, Korea Railway Corporation, Public institutes, SK Telecom, KTF, LG Telecom, Samsung semiconductors, LG-Philips, Pohang Steel and diverse petrochemical and refinery companies to their utmost satisfaction.
Diagnosis Technology Comparison
||Cell Voltage Measuring
||Cell Discharge Test
||Measurement by multi-tester
||Actual discharge test
||Verification of cell state by measurement of impedance, conductance and resistance|
||Verification of perfomance decrease
||Reliable as recommended by IEEE Std. 1188, 450, 484|
||Identification of intercell connection level but impossibility for aging degree.
||* Longtime required for discharge * Dangerous factor in discharge test.
||Specific-disigned quality tester.|
Diagnosis Technology Comparison
||Consecutive Measuring Time
||2 ~ 3 sec
||Over 4 hours
||Internal resistance, voltage and temperature
||One hand hold|
IBEX-2000 covering 1.2V Ni-Cd, 2V/6V/12V ES(G)(sealed), VGS(sealed), PS(lead-acid) identifies the performance of all kinds of battery in floating charge state.
- Product Dimensions/Weight (excluding measuring lead line) : 95W x 42D x 175H(mm)/under 650g (including 4h-use internal battery)
- One-hand hold size, first compact type in the world, minimizes troubles caused by electric connecting parts (motor and relay).
- Internal impedance of cell
- Connection resistance between cells
- Cell voltage: 1.0V ~ 16V DC
- (-) Terminal temperature
▶Capacity Range: 10Ah ~ max. 6,000Ah
- Internal impedance of cell: within ± 1.0% dgt. ± 8dgt.(based on 3 miliohm full-scale)
- Cell voltage: ± 0.5 Class
- Temperature: within ± 1.0 Class (-20°C ~ +80°C)
- Impedance: 0.001m Ω
- DC voltage: 10mV
- Temperature: 0.5°C
▶Measuring Speed: within 2 ~ 3 sec.
|▶SerialComm: Download and Excel data conversion|
▶Exmons Pro 2005: Integrated diagnosis of stationary battery string.
- Database construction and control by site/bank/cell
- 2D graph display of changes against basic value
- 3D graph display by annual change by period
- Print of data and analysis report including graph
- Prevention of data modification
- Auto scailing, zero-point calibration
▶User Programmable Function
- Data storage: Total 600-cell Bank * Cell number (16 * 24, 14 kinds) optional
- Alram setting: Impedance, voltage, temperature and alarm range
▶Data transfer: USB mode
- MS Windows 98/2000/XP compatible
- MS Excel 2000/2002
▶Internal Battery: Lithium-ion battery (1,950mAh, 11V)
▶Option: Compact Printer (IBEX - 2000 Pro), PVC carrier, basic impedance (50mV/50A, 1m Ω), clip lead including a internal temperature sensor
Analysis of Exmons Pro 2005